RE: [cdt-dev] CDT 5.0 Rampdown Policy

Hi all,
Starting Fri, May 30 (after M3 build), all commits must be accompanied with a notification to the cdt-dev list providing a link to the bug that was fixed. The CVS logs will be monitored to ensure compliance (i.e., I'll send a nasty mail if you forget to notify us of a change :)

Just FYI there are two things to probably simplify this for committers:

  1. CVS can be set up to automatically send E-Mail to (some address) on each commit. We're using dsdo-tm-cvs-commit for this purpose. Just ask your friendly webmasters to set this up for you if you want -- I'm finding it extremely helpful.
  2. SearchCVS can be used to look at commits and automatically aggregate them in a Web interface, to review whether all commits are associated with a bug id. When bug id's are in the commit comment with a format like [123456] you can navigate to the bug with a hyperlink easily. I can help setting up SearchCVS for CDT if you want. See http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/searchcvs.php
  3. You can define a virtual bugzilla user to watch bugzilla activity and CC the mailing list if you want.
  4. Everybody can Team > Synchronize to see what's being changed.
With these kind of tools, I'd think that everybody should be able to watch progress.
A quick note to the mailing list for any changes is certainly good, but why not have the tooling do the job.

Cheers
martin

Back to the top