From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Srikanth Ranganamyna
Sent: Saturday, May 17, 2008 1:43 AM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] Importing an existing pdom file into a project.

I know PDOMManager is an internal class, but I am faced with a task where the amount of time indexing a huge project is not acceptable. So, the idea is to use an existing project's indexed file for another project created in a different workspace with same source tree.

But, although this is working but it is referring to the other workspace's project. Ideally, if there is a method that I can use to change the project name inside the pdom file or something then everything would be great and is exactly what is needed for my task.

Generic Question on Indexer
I have a huge project that took 2 to 3 hours to create an index file. Is there a way I can make use of this index file in other workspaces where project are created with exact same source tree structure, imagine multiple users pulling a view and creating a project out of it. So, I was looking if there are any capabilities like these available?

At this point in time, I had to use the internal calss, although it is discouraged. I hope I gave u a clarification in my question Markus.

Thanks,
-Sri.