Re: [cdt-dev] [CDT 5.0 MBS UI enhancements] intermingle their wizard pages amidst the ones defined in MBS

Thanks for responses....

I think that I would have to do the same thing, eg copy/pasting CDT wizard classes.

The toolchain choice in CDT wizard comes to early for my product since some parameters given by the user must restrict the toolchains to display.

It was so easy to extend the MBS UI since the addition of MBS nature and settings was managed.

Best regards,
Samuel

Wieant Nielander a écrit :
I am working on a CDT plugin to extend MBS with new wizard pages custom
by using the extension point
org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.ui.newWizardPages.

By default, the ones pages are theses of CDT, eg the wizard page with
project name, project type and toolchains and the wizard page with
configurations.

Do you know if it's possible to change this ordering of the wizard pages
to display first my custom page ?? and how to proceed ?

Indeed , I read the plan of the CDT 5.0 that there will be some MBS
enhancements.

Will the CDT 5.0 allow to customize this ordering for my product ?

This is not possible for CDT 5.0.  It is a feature I thought of adding
eventually when I created the custom wizard pages system but I haven't
spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to do it.  I would suggest
filing an enhancement request in Bugzilla.

One thing you might try is creating a new wizard which extends the CDT one.
This can be tricky because not all of the wizard is really considered
public API, but you might be able to hack something together in the
meantime.

Yip, we have chosen to go that way, depending on what you exactly want
to change extending might be quite simple, even though we ended up
copy/pasting several CDT wizard classes due to some 'private' members
being in the way. But if you want to show your custom page as the first
page then it probably is a good idea anyway to use your own wizard,
because normally the user would first select a toolchain, before the
appropriate custom page(s) would kick in. CDTCommonProjectWizard is
the class you may start with if going this way.

Regards,
  Wieant