Re: [cdt-dev] CDT 3.1.2 vs 4.0.3

Ivan,

You are not doing anything wrong. It is simply a change between CDT 3 and CDT 4.

As I recall, Eclipse 3.2/CDT 3.0 had two options for Makefile-based projects. The first was 'Managed Makefile' for projects where you wanted Eclipse to handle the details of creating and managing the project's Makefiles. The other was 'Standard Makefile' for projects that already had a set of Makefiles or that you wanted to manually manage the Makefiles.

With Eclipse 3.3/CDT 4.0 these options have been completely revamped. The 'Managed Makefile' option has been expanded to three project templates: Executable, Shared Library and Static Library. The 'Standard Makefile' option has been renamed to 'Makefile project'.

I hope that clears things up.

By the way, this list is really for folks working on the CDT or plugins that work with CDT. Your question would be better sent to the newsgroup eclipse.tools/cdt which is for user discussions of CDT.

Sean

Ivan Marin wrote:
Hello everybody, again,

I've just installed eclipse 3.2.2 from the unstable Debian repositories, and installed CDT 3.0.2 from the Callisto update site, and now the Managed Make C++ Project is shown. From the eclipse.org site, version 3.3.2, downloading CDT 4.0.3, this option is not show. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the patience.

Cheers,

Ivan