Re: [cdt-dev] MBS tool filtering based on directories?

Andrea,

I have a similar use case for my projects (using two different arm controllers). I think the best way is to set up 2 different projects and make a dependency between it.

So a have a "main" and a "sub" projects. In the main project you use the generated sub-project elf-file to link with the main elf file.

This way works fine for me and you can still use the MBS. =)

ciao
Enrico

Andrea Michelotti wrote:
Hi Doug,
thank you for you fast reply.
I don't know if I understood well what you mean, but I need to build a
single elf image for a core that has inside a controller (ARM) and a
DSP(Magic), both of them have their own compilers and generate elf
linkable objects at the end of the chain there is the xx-elf-ld that
links all the objects together. So I would like to show an unique
configuration.
I'm new using CDT/MBS and navigating the code of MBS it seemed to me
that the tool selection is easily done by file extensions.
I was wondering if it could be useful to add an extension in "input
source type" to select tool sources also by using a dir entry name, to
support splitting of sources of the same type on different tools.
thanks
best regards
Andrea Michelotti