[cdt-dev] MBS tool filtering based on directories?

Hi all,
is there a straightforward method to build a toolchain that selects
tools by using directory name other than file extensions?
I would like to build an unique compilation chain for two different
processors with their own C-compilers. I want to keep the "natural"
extension ".c" for C-sources. The "input" sources are kept into two
different target-directories and I would like to select the right "tool"
by using the directory name.

thanks
Regards
Andrea Michelotti