From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of John Cortell
Sent: Friday, May 02, 2008 4:01 PM
To: CDT General developers list.; CDT General developers list.
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] binary-less debugging

Having a binary makes plenty of sense for JTAG debugging. There's just
different types of launches that one may want.

    - Download, launch and debug an executable
    - Connect to the target and use the debug information in an
executable to provide source level debugging of code already running
    - Connect without using any debug information--"poke around"

Being able to not specify an executable is desirable for the third
scenario and it would be nice if we could get that. I think Ken Ryall
looked into it initially and found a lot of dependencies on the binary.
He can probably chime in and indicate why he didn't go through with it.

John