Re: [cdt-dev] binary-less debugging

Having a binary makes plenty of sense for JTAG debugging. There's just different types of launches that one may want.

   - Download, launch and debug an executable
- Connect to the target and use the debug information in an executable to provide source level debugging of code already running
   - Connect without using any debug information--"poke around"

Being able to not specify an executable is desirable for the third scenario and it would be nice if we could get that. I think Ken Ryall looked into it initially and found a lot of dependencies on the binary. He can probably chime in and indicate why he didn't go through with it.

John