Re: [cdt-dev] Eclipse rather than XCode

Le Sat, 26 Apr 2008 12:40:26 -0700,
"J. Todd Slack" <mailinglists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> Hello All,
>
> I have used Eclipse for Java development a few years ago.
>
> I have a client that wants a cross-platform C++/OpenGL app written
> and wants a nice way to build cross-platform.
>
> I was thinking Eclipse. But is this possible?

Eclipse CDT as an IDE may do the job but if you
want to do cross-platform dev I would advise
you to have a look at CMake (www.cmake.org)

CMake can handle cross-platform issue very well
and the near-to-be-release CMake 2.6 can generate
"project file" for several IDE including
   Eclipse
   Code::Blocks
   XCode
   MS Visual Studio
   Unix Makefile

> Can one link to OS X Frameworks?
> Can Eclipse build .apps?
>
> Does anyone have any advice?

I won't _ONLY_ build on Eclipse for cross-platform dev.

Back to the top