[cdt-dev] build system project update process

A question for the Intel folks,

I am trying to figure out the project updatecode that is invoked to
"upgrade" projects created with old versions of managed build.  I am
experimenting with some changes that require upversioning the managed build
revision to 5.0.0, however the project update code is not triggered.

I've been digging through the code, and what I seem to have found is that
the code loads the project and the project description.  If this happens
successfully (i.e. the project description is not null), nothing further is
done,  i.e. version numbers are not checked, etc.  Is my assessment
correct?  It seems wrong to me to not check the version numbers in this
case, because the mere presence of the project description shouldn't be the
only indicator.  I want to get opinions on this though because I want to be
sure there's something I'm not missing.

Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT Team
IBM Toronto