[cdt-dev] Problem creating local CDT update site

I have a problem creating a local CDT update site. I'm currently using Windows,
Eclipse SDK 3.3.2 and CDT 4.0.3.200802251018  (The current version from "Europa
Discovery Site")

I'm first creating a new Update Site Project, then install the CDT-plugin from
the "Europa Discovery Site"  (and restart eclipse). Then I'm making a new
Category and imports the org.eclipse.cdt_4.0.3.200802251018.jar-feature into
this category. Then I'm doing an "Build all" and zip the resulting directory
under my workspace.

Now if I install a fresh Eclipse (for axample europa winter) and trying to
install this zip-file using the "New Archived Site..."-plugin install. Then I
get an info-button "No features found on the selected site(s). Choose a
different site or site category,". But in the error-log I see

Error creating feature
"jar:file:<ZIP_FILE.zip>!/features/org.eclipse.cdt_4.0.3.200802251018.jar".
[Invalid signature file digest for Manifest main attributes]

Have I misunderstood something? How can I solve this? Can I remove the signature
somehow?

I am able to create a local update site using the procedure above for all other
plugins from the "Europa Discovery Site" I've tried (for example Mylyn and
TPTP)

I've also tried downloading the CDT 4.0.3-zip directly from
http://www.eclipse.org/cdt/downloads.php with the same result

Please help!

  //regards: Johan Ekblad

Back to the top