Re: [cdt-dev] What extension point do i need to use to change how values are displayed

You could implement your own IElementLabelProvider and register it for ICVariable object.  This will work as long as CDT does not decide to supply its own provider at some point in the future, in which case you'd be out of luck.

For DSF-based debuggers there is more support for making this kind of extension.

Cheers,
Pawel

Elena Laskavaia wrote:
I think technically it is possible, it should be an extension in
org.eclipse.debug.ui and I don't know which one though...

Ivan Kelly wrote:

Hi

I have a variable type that currently displays an int in the debug

variables view. I want to replace the int with a text value looked up

from a list. I've spent a while looking though the available extension

points, but nothing seems to fit the bill. Is anything like this

possible without having to resort to poking at the internals of

eclipse/cdt.

btw, gmail is being blocked by the DSBL.

Regards

-Ivan