From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Mikhail Khodjaiants
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2008 7:10 AM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: RE: [cdt-dev] When not to: Connect process input output to a terminal

Hi Marc,

Alain Magloire is the right person to comment on it, but I'll try...
This option should be removed from the launch configurations for Windows - there is no support for TTY. At least it should be unchecked. IOException is thrown and suppressed internally for every launch.
On Linux, if the input is redirected to a terminal "Restart" stops working. If you have a large executable it is much more efficient to use "Restart" instead of relaunching the entire session.

Cheers,
Mikhail