From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mike Wrighton
Sent: den 11 april 2008 17:41
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: [cdt-dev] Deploying CDT as a product

Hi,

This may be a PDE issue/query but I'd be really grateful if anyone could shine any light.

I've been trying for several days now to export my modified CDT as a product. I've created a product configuration which is just based on my CDT launch configuration (product is set to org.eclipse.sdk.ide and plugin list contains CDT plugins + required dependencies). I then export my configuration which works fine (although I get lots of build errors in logs.zip file at the end, but all the plugins are present so I don't know if that's important). I modify the config.ini file so it contains:

  #Product Runtime Configuration File
  osgi.splashPath=platform:/base/plugins/org.eclipse.sdk
  eclipse.product=org.eclipse.sdk.ide
  osgi.bundles=org.eclipse.equinox.common@2:start, org.eclipse.update.configurator@3:start, org.eclipse.core.runtime@start
  osgi.bundles.defaultStartLevel=4

When I run it, I get an exception on startup - I've pasted relevant parts below:

org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Plug-in org.eclipse.cdt.ui was unable to load class org.eclipse.
cdt.internal.ui.navigator.CNavigatorContentProvider.
Caused by: org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter$TerminatingClassNotFoundExceptio
n: An error occurred while automatically activating bundle org.eclipse.cdt.ui (74).
Caused by: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The activator org.eclipse.cdt.ui.CUIPlugin for bundle org
.eclipse.cdt.ui is invalid
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/cdt/internal/core/model/IBufferFactory

This only seems to happen when I include my extra plugin which contains a few extensions. Has anyone seen this type of behaviour before, or does anyone know what could be causing this?

Thanks in advance,
Mike