Re: [cdt-dev] Command line generator: quotes

> I am writing a tool on windows, which needs to use quotes for some of
> its options (-I , --dlib_config). I wrote and
> IManagedCommandLineGenerator implementation, and when I see a flag
> that needs to be quoted, I process it and give it to the
> ManagedCommandLineInfo. This is only needed for some flags which can
> have directories with spaces in it on windows.
> When I call return new ManagedCommandLineInfo at the end of
> generateCommandLineInfo, I confirm that these flags are quoted as they
> should be. When I look at the build output, I see that these flags are
> still not quoted and directories with spaces give problems. Does
> anyone know if this is the correctt way to quote some flags?

The command line generator seems to be the way to go for quoting
files/directories. Did you check the generated makefile (using the
External builder) to see if the quoted string ends up correctly in
there, if so then the problem might be in the program you are
calling, e.g. sometimes control programs remove a level of quoting
before passing the options to sub-programs, in that case an extra
level of quoting/escaping may be necessary.

Regards,
  Wieant

Back to the top