Re: [cdt-dev] Generics and APIs

I strongly disagree, on both points. Avoiding 1.5 language features will hold back our productivity and limit the quality and maintainability of new code. To turn off generics warnings effectively does away with the benefits of using generics. Generics don't affect generated code, but they allow a developer to write code that is guaranteed to be type safe...as long as he ensures he has no warnings. Ignore the warnings and you might as well not use generics.

John