Re: [cdt-dev] catchpoints design

Elena Laskavaia wrote:

Hi Elena,

I added catchpoints design wiki page
http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT:_Debug:_Catchpoints_support
Please take a look, I want to keep it very simple but extensible.
If we agree in general I can continue with details of implementation.

Thanks for this. It reads well.

One thing I am unclear about is how the inferior is blocked or continued when a catchpoint occurs. Is this behaviorally defined via the observer pattern, like it is in Frysk? For example .... perhaps there is catchpoint to catch signal emission from the inferior. How is the behavior defined on how to handle that catchpoint event? Should the task (thread) be blocked? Should it be noted, perhaps, logged and let to continue? How rich of a model is one to implement here. If we could explore this a little, I think it would help define what functionality and modeling the CDT, and the Debugger Framework Model in general, want out of the debugger.

Regards

Phil