From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Elena Laskavaia
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2008 3:21 PM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] catchpoints

This is the most tricky part. Short answer is for gdb is close to
impossible to do.
For example to know if gdb support catchpoints you not only  need to
start gdb but you also have to start program. I was thinking making ui
(i.e. Add catchpoint... dialog) always show up and let backed return not
supported operation in attempt to use particular unsupported event
catchpoint.
As what is showing up in the dialog as events: I think we let debugger
plugin to contribute events, so technically if  debugger does not
contribute anything it won't show up.

Mikhail Khodjaiants wrote:

Speaking seriously, please make sure the UI for this functionality
doesn't appear if a backend doesn't support it.