Re: [cdt-dev] Warnings and SuppressWarnings

Personally I don't like the idea of having a standard set of warning
settings forced on me, because I turn on almost all the available warnings.
I'm troubled by this because some of the most useful warnings are turned
off in the ui plugin, like "Enum type constant not covered on switch" which
warns you that you forgot a case, or "Potential null pointer access" which
warns about potential NPE situations.

Eclipse has very powerful static analysis capabilities, which helps you
write better code, and I want them turned on!

Mike Kucera
Software Developer
IBM CDT Team, Toronto
mkucera@xxxxxxxxxx

             "Schorn, Markus"
             <Markus.Schorn@wi
             ndriver.com>                                               To
             Sent by:                  "CDT General developers list."
             cdt-dev-bounces@e         <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             clipse.org                                                 cc

                                                                   Subject
             04/07/2008 10:58          [cdt-dev] Warnings and
             AM                        SuppressWarnings

             Please respond to
               "CDT General
             developers list."
             <cdt-dev@eclipse.
                   org>

Hi,
I am getting a bunch of warnings in the core-plugin of the following
kind: Unnecessary @SuppressWarnings. I assume this is because my
compiler warning settings differ from the ones of others.

Therefore I suggest to use a common set of warnings for all of us and
check it into CVS (like we are doing this in the cdt.ui plugin).

Has anyone objections against this? I'd start out with the same settings
as we are using for the ui-plugin.

Markus.