[cdt-dev] How to add source folders as include paths

I apologize if this is not the correct forum for my question, but I've
scoured the mailing list archives and all documentation I can find,
and still have not found an answer to my question. Is there a
cdt-users mailing list?

On to the question:

I have an existing C++ project that I am attempting to make an Eclipse
CDT project with. The source folders are structured as:

{toplevel}/lib/*

with multiple levels under lib.

I have created the new project, added each folder under lib as a
source folder in the 'Paths & Symbols' dialog, and indexing has taken
place. However, attempting operations like 'Open Declaration' for an
included header file that exists in a different directory than the
file I am reading results in a "foo.h not found in include paths".

Is there an easy way to add all my source folders as include paths?
When going to "Paths & Symbols" -> "Includes" -> "Add" -> "Workspace",
I am only allowed to add a single folder at a time, which is very
tedious for a large project.

Is there any way to, when adding source files, indicate that they
should also be added as include paths?

This seems like a common task, as I would imagine that most projects
need their source folders to also be include paths.

Thanks for any responses,
Ryan

Back to the top