RE: [cdt-dev] null bindings

So what I'm hearing is that null bindings can be the result of resolution
problems. That's fine I just wanted to know for sure.

But I'm still not sure that null bindings that are the result of dummy name
nodes should be counted as problems during ambiguity resolution. Maybe the
best thing to do is to just add a check for dummy nodes and not call
resolveBinding() on them.

In any case I'll keep experimenting with this in the LR parser plugin for
now.

Thanks for the help.

Mike Kucera
Software Developer
IBM CDT Team, Toronto
mkucera@xxxxxxxxxx

             "Schorn, Markus"
             <Markus.Schorn@wi
             ndriver.com>                                               To
             Sent by:                  "CDT General developers list."
             cdt-dev-bounces@e         <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             clipse.org                                                 cc

                                                                   Subject
             04/04/2008 04:57          RE: [cdt-dev] null bindings
             AM

             Please respond to
               "CDT General
             developers list."
             <cdt-dev@eclipse.
                   org>

As a minimum, some of the preprocessor nodes (e.g. the name of an
include statement) do not resolve to any binding, they return null.
Markus.