Re: [cdt-dev] UPC support - printing in console

The console output is surprising, I did a global search for all calls to
System.out.println(), well I guess I must have missed one.

I've made some big changes to the UPC parser architecture, so you're going
to get a whole new version of the parser soon.

Content assist in the UPC parser just piggybacks on the CDT content assist
engine, so it should work exactly like content assist for C. If its not
finding upc library functions then there might be a problem finding the upc
header files. If you are trying to complete a upc language construct like
upc_forall then you have to press ctrl-space twice to get template
proposals. Otherwise if there really is a bug then please open a bugzilla
report and I will make sure it gets fixed in the next release of the
parser.

Mike Kucera
Software Developer
IBM CDT Team, Toronto
mkucera@xxxxxxxxxx

             Beth Tibbitts
             <tibbitts@xxxxxx.
             Sent by:                  cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             cdt-dev-bounces@e                                          cc
             clipse.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [cdt-dev] UPC support - printing in
             04/03/2008 02:02          console
             AM

             Please respond to
               "CDT General
             developers list."
             <cdt-dev@eclipse.
                   org>

When loading a upc file into the editor, I see a bunch of printlns in the
console:
/Applications/ecl/hpcsw-sdk$ eclipse/eclipse&
[1] 2297
/Applications/ecl/hpcsw-sdk$ Lexing the codeReader
Token: (2, 570, 575) shared
Token: (31, 577, 577) [
Token: (20, 579, 579) 4
Token: (3, 580, 580) *
Token: (20, 582, 582) 4
Token: (81, 583, 583) /
Token: (2, 584, 590) THREADS

Also, I'm not getting the content assist to work.
if i type upc<cntl-space> it says "No default proposals"

..Beth

Beth Tibbitts  (859) 243-4981  (TL 545-4981)
High Productivity Tools / Parallel Tools  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM T.J.Watson Research Center
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511