Re: [cdt-dev] Update on refactoring

No worries from me.  +1

One thing to look out for on this is that I am nearing the point of doing a
code review and then big EFS checkin for the indexer and friends, so it
might be wise to give some thoughts as to what needs to change in the
refactoring framework to make it work to make it work with EFS.  Right now
there are about 100 AST Rewriter tests in my private workspace that are
failing that I haven't looked at fixing yet.  It may get things working
faster if I just check in what I have within the next week (after you get a
chance to review what I've done), breaking the refactoring engine/features
temporarily, and then those familiar with the refactoring code could fix it
up.  Otherwise I'll probably be delayed for 1-2 weeks while I figure out
the refactoring code and fix it.

Thoughts?

===========================

Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT Team
IBM Toronto
http://www.eclipse.org/cdt

             "Schorn, Markus"
             <Markus.Schorn@wi
             ndriver.com>                                               To
             Sent by:                  "CDT General developers list."
             cdt-dev-bounces@e         <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             clipse.org                                                 cc

                                                                   Subject
             03/12/2008 08:34          [cdt-dev] Update on refactoring
             AM

             Please respond to
               "CDT General
             developers list."
             <cdt-dev@eclipse.
                   org>

Hi,
today I have moved the rename-refactoring from the ctd.refactorin plugin
into the cdt.ui plugin, which makes the following plugins obsolete,
please remove them from your workspace:
    org.eclipse.cdt.refactoring, org.eclipse.cdt.refactoring.tests.

Furthermore I have applied the patch that adds the 'Extract Constant'
refactoring, provided by Emanuel Graf. Thanks for the contribution!

I am looking forward to even more contributions. Now, that we have some
infrastructure in place it should be easier to create new refactorings.
My interpretation of the milestone plan is, that it will be ok to add
refactorings before RC0 on May 5th. That would be the deadline. Please
speak up, if you think this is too late in the game for such additions.

Markus.