[cdt-dev] Code folding too eager to auto-expand

I am posting this here because I don't know whether I should report it as a
CDT bug or as an eclipse code editor bug. Please direct me.

Problem: code folding behaves like a reverse mimosa. It keeps expanding on you
on a slightest touch. Too often when you make an edit, you must subsequently
scroll the file and re-fold all folds that auto-expanded in seemingly
unrelated places in the file. Maintaining the desired fold state requires
extra effort and is a distraction, which sort of cancels the productivity
benefit provided by the feature.

In CDT the problem shows most annoyingly when you use #if(1)/#endif to fold
arbitrary sections. If you have sub-folds in an #if(1) fold, and edit
_between_ sub-folds, then _all_ sub-folds in that #if(1) fold will expand,
and recursively so (except multiline comments).

Regards,
Szczepan Holyszewski

Back to the top