Re: [cdt-dev] Path mappings in .project file

The path mappings mechanism exclusively serves the debugger. The parameters that affect a debug session are contained in a launch configuration. As such, the path mappings are persisted in a launch configuration (the global path mappings notwithstanding). Putting them in the .project or .cproject wouldn't make much sense since it has no connection with the things those files represent.

However, you probably don't really care if the mappings are in those files or not. I'm guessing your request stems from the need to be able to take those mappings along with the project. That is, you move the project to another workspace, e.g., and you want those mappings to tag along with it.

This is doable today. You just need to tell the launch configuration to store itself in the project directory instead of the .metadata directory. In the launch configurations dialog, go to  the Common tab and select "Shared file" in the Save As groupbox. You will see that a launch configuration file appears in your project directory.

John