Re: [cdt-dev] C API documentation

Yes we do that as part of PTP to add hover help for MPI APIs.
If you are interested, see the code in CVS: tools/eclipse.org.ptp   then
under the tools directory, see e.g. org.eclipse.ptp.pldt.mpi.core

Here's the extension point info:
  <extension point="org.eclipse.cdt.ui.CHelpProvider">
      <provider
            class=
"org.eclipse.ptp.pldt.mpi.core.editorHelp.MpiCHelpProvider"
            id="org.eclipse.ptp.pldt.mpi.core.editorHelp.MpiCHelpProvider"
/>
   </extension>.

I think maybe the CDT does more of that automatically now as well.
These override the default hover help is my understanding.

..Beth

Beth Tibbitts  (859) 243-4981  (TL 545-4981)
High Productivity Tools / Parallel Tools  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM T.J.Watson Research Center
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

             "Sheldon Dsouza"
             <sheldond@gmail.c
             Sent by:                  "CDT General developers list."
             cdt-dev-bounces@e         <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             clipse.org                                                 cc

                                                                   Subject
             02/15/08 09:27 AM         [cdt-dev] C API documentation

             Please respond to
               "CDT General
             developers list."
             <cdt-dev@eclipse.
                   org>

I just wanted to know if there is support for C API documentation present
in the CDT. I came across a class CHelpProvider which i feel does what we
want to do.
Just wanted to clarify the following

1. Does CDT have support for presenting hover help for C API's similar to
that of JDT.
2. If yes which extension point do we have to extend to implement or
support hover help.
3. Or is there support for directly pointing to a helpbook that we have
created and things should work as it is.

Regards,
cdt-dev mailing list
cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx