Re: [cdt-dev] globals in variables view

My users find it important to add all variables to the variables view. Having to switch between 2 views to see all your variables is very inconvenient. #3 sounds like a good idea.

Also, there is a related bug I reported a while ago - 212157, inability to add module local variables to the variables view.

Pawel Piech wrote:
Hi All,
I am considering a bug in DSF which asks for showing global variables in the variables view (bug 219040). I am somewhat conflicted by this feature, because in our (Wind River's) product and in others that I've worked with, the Expressions/Watch window is the window used to display global variables, where Variables/Locals view is used for showing arguments and locals.

So I have three questions:

1) How important is it to have globals in the variables view.

2) Is the problem with showing globals in the Expressions view that it does not have the same features as the variables view (column support, change highlighting, etc?).

3) Is what's really missing a "smart" combined variables view which could show local variables, selected global variables, as well as "watched" local variables which are enabled only a given local variable is in scope?

Thanks,
Pawel