RE: [cdt-dev] Java 6 support

There are a few differences. Here's one I found out about the hard way a while back.

    /** .... @since 1.6 */
    public IOException(String message, Throwable cause) {
        super(message, cause);
    }

After this I would expect there are more. I know we'll be using CDT 4.0.x on Java 5. It's probably reasonable to expect Java 6 for CDT 5+, but that expectation should be explicit and broadly communicated.

-Keith

"Schaefer, Doug" <Doug.Schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

2008/02/05 16:00

Please respond to

cc
Subject
RE: [cdt-dev] Java 6 support

Seems safe. I haven't seen any Java APIs that changed between 5 and 6,
at least one's we're using. I'm sure most of us are using Java 6 for our
runtimes anyway.

Cheers,
Doug.