[cdt-dev] a couple of small changes checked in to HEAD for EFS support

I fixed some issues with the new project wizard to allow for remotely
hosted EFS projects to now be successfully created (I've tested this with
the RSE provider with a project residing remotely on an AIX box).  The
project description code was failing trying to access the .cdtproject file.
I "fixed" a couple of NPEs as well (just added some null checks), but there
are others still in the scanner config and the indexer (just as examples).

At leat now though you can create a non-local project and you can open up
remote files in the editor.  The local copy of the file is parsed for the
outline view.  Selection parses don't seem to work and obviously you don't
have an index, so there is a limit as to what you can do, but it's a start.

Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT Team
IBM Toronto
http://www.eclipse.org/cdt