[cdt-dev] Starter.exe Problem in Standard Make

Title: Starter.exe Problem in Standard Make

Hello guys,

I am facing a strange problem when trying to run a software build in a Standard Make project (Win XP).

I am (CDT is) calling a .cmd file that itself calls some other tools that realize the software build (some parts are makefiles some are different technology). If I build the project I get an error (Exec error:Launching failed).

If I call the same command line through external tools the error is not appearing. The difference between both mechanisms is that CDT uses the starter.exe to run the command whereas the external tool calls it directly.

So I am asking myself now what does starter.exe do different ?

Is there any documentation about the starter.exe?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards
Marko Tomljenovic
Robert Bosch GmbH
Automotive Software Engineering Standardization
Integrated Development Environment Group

G2/PJ-PMT2
Wernerstr. 1 - 70442 Stuttgart - GERMANY
www.bosch.com
Tel.: +49 711 811 - 54830
Fax: +49 711 811 - 54641
email: Marko.Tomljenovic@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Registered Office: Stuttgart,
Registration Court: Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 14000
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Hermann Scholl
Managing Directors: Franz Fehrenbach, Siegfried Dais, Bernd Bohr, Wolfgang Chur, Rudolf Colm, Gerhard Kümmel, Wolfgang Malchow, Peter Marks; Volkmar Denner, Peter Tyroller

Back to the top