RE: [cdt-dev] Setting global Environment variables via own plugin.

Hi Axel.

Here's a sample how to set global variables:

UserDefinedEnvironmentSupplier fUserSupplier = EnvironmentVariableManager.fUserSupplier;
StorableEnvironment vars = fUserSupplier.getWorkspaceEnvironmentCopy();
vars.createVariable("name", "value", IEnvironmentVariable.ENVVAR_APPEND, ";");
fUserSupplier.setWorkspaceEnvironment(vars);

Here's a sample how to set configuration-wide env variable:

IProject prj = ...;
IContributedEnvironment ice = CCorePlugin.getDefault().getBuildEnvironmentManager().getContributedEnvironment();

// get it once before changing
ICProjectDescription prjd = CoreModel.getDefault().getProjectDescription(prj, false);
ICConfigurationDescription cfgd = prjd.getActiveConfiguration(); // or getConfigurations(), etc...

// one modification among many possible ones...
ice.addVariable("name", "value", IEnvironmentVariable.ENVVAR_APPEND, ";", cfgd);

// do it once after all modifications are done
try {
CoreModel.getDefault().setProjectDescription(prj, prjd);
} catch (CoreException e) {}

With best regards, Oleg Krasilnikov