[cdt-dev] 'Debugging' the C++ indexer

I've been using CDT recently for development. I'm seeing some inconsistencies with the indexer, and am looking for some debug output that would help me better-characterize the issues I'm encountering. Any tips on how to understand what the indexer did, what symbols it found, and what errors it encountered would be most appreciated.

The core problem I'm seeing today appears to be that macros from one header file (file1) aren't provided by the C++ editor content-assist, while macros from other header files are provided by the C++ editor content assist. Other symbols from file1 (class name, class members, etc) are provided by the C++ editor content assist. This leads me to believe that the indexer somehow failed to parse these macro definitions.

In a previous version of CDT, it was possible to turn on error reporting from the indexer. I don't see a way to enable this feature in CDT 4.0. Was this feature removed in 4.0?

Thanks and Best Regards,
Matthew

Back to the top