RE: [cdt-dev] Newbie: Java compliance settings for CDT plugindevelopment?

On that topic...does anyone know how far exactly we've gotten on using 1.5 to build the HEAD sources? At this point, if I want to introduce some generics code to a debugger plugin, is it just a matter of adjusting the project settings?

John

At 08:40 AM 1/28/2008, Schaefer, Doug wrote:
CDT 4 is definitely 1.4 compliant. We are starting to use 1.5 with CDT 5
work on HEAD.

Cheers,
Doug.

-----Original Message-----
From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Andrew Stevens
Sent: Saturday, January 26, 2008 12:59 PM
To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [cdt-dev] Newbie: Java compliance settings for CDT
plugindevelopment?

Playing around with CDT 4.0.2 sources in the PDE imported from the
build packages I had to tweak JDK compliance settings for a few
projects.
Setting compiler and source compliance to 1.4 (and of course 1.4 for
class
files) seemed to produce sane results.  Googling around these settings
seemed to be conventional for 3.2 or 3.3 eclipse components.

However, the PDE plugin project wizard (oddly) seems to have no opinion
on the matter and creates projects that merely inherit the workspace
settings.
Similarly, the FAQs don't seem to say anything.  Are there consensus /
official recommended compliance settings for CDT and/or eclipse 3.3 /
4.0?

cheers, and thanks for the CDT!

        Andrew

--