Re: [cdt-dev] Update wiki 'Working on the CDT' to match CDT4.0.2 on Eclipse3.3.1.1?

Andrew,
I can't find exactly that question on the wiki.
http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
Under "Working on the CDT" you might add a question something like "how can
I edit the source for the CDT in my eclipse installation, and launch to
test my changes?"
and include those instructions more or less.
The instructions there are how to checkout from CVS. That should still be
correct, but unless you check out a known version, you may get things at
some interim state.
Importing the source from a known good build (like you did) is easier, and
safer too.
Yes, please update the wiki!

..Beth

Beth Tibbitts  (859) 243-4981  (TL 545-4981)
High Productivity Tools / Parallel Tools  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM T.J.Watson Research Center
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

             Andrew Stevens
             <andrew.stevens@m
             net-online.de>                                             To
             Sent by:                  cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             cdt-dev-bounces@e                                          cc
             clipse.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [cdt-dev] Update wiki 'Working on
             01/24/08 06:01 PM         the CDT' to match CDT4.0.2 on
                                       Eclipse3.3.1.1?

             Please respond to
               "CDT General
             developers list."
             <cdt-dev@eclipse.
                   org>

Many thanks to Beth Tibbitt ... I'm up compiling and debugging.  Fun fun
fun!

The FAQ on the wiki appears a little stale but I suppose it is just
possible
that its merely super up to date (I'm playing around with
CDT4.0.2-I200711280800 on eclipse 3.3.1.1) ;-).

If some kind soul could confirm it is stale rather than super up to date
I'd
be glad to update the wiki to match my what I've encountered and add extra
some extra information to help other Newbies.

cheers,

             Andrew

--

Dr Andrew Stevens