From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Szymon Brandys
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2008 1:53 PM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: RE: [cdt-dev] First gotcha with add/exclude children of FFS

// Maybe I missing something but I don't see a way to create a resource
and then // set its underlying URI. Have you looked into this?

Right, linked resources should be used in this case.

--
Szymon Brandys

             "Schaefer, Doug"

             <Doug.Schaefer@wi

             ndriver.com>
             Sent by:                  "CDT General developers list."

             cdt-dev-bounces@e         <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

             clipse.org
cc

Subject

                                       add/exclude children of FFS

             Please respond to

               "CDT General

             developers list."

             <cdt-dev@eclipse.

                   org>

No I hadn't completed that piece. But at any rate, I'm concluding that
linked resources are the way to go for doing the add part. The use case
is pretty much identical and there is actually more support for linked
resources than if we hid it at the EFS layer. I am aware that support
for linked resources is incomplete and we could probably use a nicer UI
for adding them in.

My next step is to implement an excluded resources patch for the
platform with a backup EFS implementation in case we can get the
platform solution done in Ganymede.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Doug