RE: [cdt-dev] Exported Product on Linux does not work

>When I create a product and run the product through SDK it works fine. But
when I export my product and run it then it does not
Check the build options in the manifest. (edit plugin.xml and select the
'Build' page).  Under binary build, make sure all the important
pieces are checked, especially the location of your template files.  This
tells it what to include in the export.

..Beth

Beth Tibbitts  (859) 243-4981  (TL 545-4981)
High Productivity Tools / Parallel Tools  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM T.J.Watson Research Center
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

             abhishek baadkar
             <axnaby@hotmail.c
             Sent by:                  "CDT General developers list."
             cdt-dev-bounces@e         <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             clipse.org                                                 cc

                                                                   Subject
             01/17/08 02:57 AM         RE: [cdt-dev] Exported Product on
                                       Linux does not work

             Please respond to
               "CDT General
             developers list."
             <cdt-dev@eclipse.
                   org>

its better u start from the first!!

Abhishek baadkar(Embedded image moved to file: pic11414.gif)

      Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 11:26:21 +0530
      From: Rekha.Deshmukh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
      To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
      Subject: [cdt-dev] Exported Product on Linux does not work

      Hi All,
      I am building my own Linux Based IDE for a cross toolchain. My SDK
      constitutes eclipse-rcp-europa-fall2-linux-gtk.tar.gz and cdt-4.0.2.
      I have 4 C and C++ templates which are linked to Executable Category.
      When I create a product and run the product through SDK it works
      fine. But when I export my product and run it then it does not show
      me the Executable Category and my toolchain in the project Wizard. It
      only shows Makefile Project category with Other toolchain option. The
      log has following error in it.
      !ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2007-08-02 23:23:14.010
      !MESSAGE java.lang.NullPointerException
      !STACK 0
      java.lang.NullPointerException
              at
      org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.ManagedBuildManager.getDefinedProjectTypes
(ManagedBuildManager.java:243)

              at
      org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.ManagedBuildManager.performAdjustments
(ManagedBuildManager.java:2080)

              at
      org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.ManagedBuildManager.loadExtensionsSynchronized
(ManagedBuildManager.java:2074)
              at
      org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.ManagedBuildManager.loadExtensions
(ManagedBuildManager.java:1762)

              at
      org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.ManagedBuildManager.getDefinedProjectTypes
(ManagedBuildManager.java:225)

              at
      org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.ui.wizards.CProjectPlatformPage.populateTypes
(CProjectPlatformPage.java:539))

              at
      org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.ui.wizards.CProjectPlatformPage.createControl
(CProjectPlatformPage.java:210))

              at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.Wizard.createPageControls
      (Wizard.java:180)
              at
      org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.ui.wizards.NewManagedProjectWizard.createPageControls
(NewManagedProjectWizard.java:99)

      I put some SOPs in ManagedBuildManager class which told me that when
      the product is executed in SDK it recognizes my toolchain but when it
      is run in exported product it is not able to get my toolchain.
      I am unable to pinpoint the issue, please guide.
      Regards,
      Rekha

Live the life in style with MSN Lifestyle. Check out! Try it now!