RE: [cdt-dev] Exported Product on Linux does not work

its better u start from the first!!

Abhishek baadkar

Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 11:26:21 +0530
From: Rekha.Deshmukh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [cdt-dev] Exported Product on Linux does not work

Hi All,
I am building my own Linux Based IDE for a cross toolchain. My SDK constitutes eclipse-rcp-europa-fall2-linux-gtk.tar.gz and cdt-4.0.2. I have 4 C and C++ templates which are linked to Executable Category. When I create a product and run the product through SDK it works fine. But when I export my product and run it then it does not show me the Executable Category and my toolchain in the project Wizard. It only shows Makefile Project category with Other toolchain option. The log has following error in it.
!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2007-08-02 23:23:14.010
!MESSAGE java.lang.NullPointerException
!STACK 0
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.ManagedBuildManager.getDefinedProjectTypes(ManagedBuildManager.java:243)
        at org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.ManagedBuildManager.performAdjustments(ManagedBuildManager.java:2080)
        at org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.ManagedBuildManager.loadExtensionsSynchronized(ManagedBuildManager.java:2074)
        at org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.ManagedBuildManager.loadExtensions(ManagedBuildManager.java:1762)
        at org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.ManagedBuildManager.getDefinedProjectTypes(ManagedBuildManager.java:225)
        at org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.ui.wizards.CProjectPlatformPage.populateTypes(CProjectPlatformPage.java:539)
        at org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.ui.wizards.CProjectPlatformPage.createControl(CProjectPlatformPage.java:210)
        at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.Wizard.createPageControls(Wizard.java:180)
        at org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.ui.wizards.NewManagedProjectWizard.createPageControls(NewManagedProjectWizard.java:99)
I put some SOPs in ManagedBuildManager class which told me that when the product is executed in SDK it recognizes my toolchain but when it is run in exported product it is not able to get my toolchain.
I am unable to pinpoint the issue, please guide.
Regards,
Rekha

Live the life in style with MSN Lifestyle. Check out! Try it now!

Back to the top