Re: [cdt-dev] Exported Product on Linux does not work

Are you sure you exported all the parts of the project? the plugin.xml, the
xml templates, etc?
Check the 'build' page of the manifest and make sure all the important
parts are checked in the "Binary Build" list on the left.

..Beth

Beth Tibbitts  (859) 243-4981  (TL 545-4981)
High Productivity Tools / Parallel Tools  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM T.J.Watson Research Center
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

             "Rekha Deshmukh"
             <Rekha.Deshmukh@k
             pitcummins.com>                                            To
             Sent by:                  <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             cdt-dev-bounces@e                                          cc
             clipse.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [cdt-dev] Exported Product on Linux
             01/09/08 12:56 AM         does not work

             Please respond to
               "CDT General
             developers list."
             <cdt-dev@eclipse.
                   org>

Hi All,

I am building my own Linux Based IDE for a cross toolchain. My SDK
constitutes eclipse-rcp-europa-fall2-linux-gtk.tar.gz and cdt-4.0.2. I have
4 C and C++ templates which are linked to Executable Category. When I
create a product and run the product through SDK it works fine. But when I
export my product and run it then it does not show me the Executable
Category and my toolchain in the project Wizard. It only shows Makefile
Project category with Other toolchain option. The log has following error
in it.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2007-08-02 23:23:14.010
!MESSAGE java.lang.NullPointerException
!STACK 0
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.ManagedBuildManager.getDefinedProjectTypes
(ManagedBuildManager.java:243)

        at
org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.ManagedBuildManager.performAdjustments
(ManagedBuildManager.java:2080)
        at
org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.ManagedBuildManager.loadExtensionsSynchronized
(ManagedBuildManager.java:2074)

        at
org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.ManagedBuildManager.loadExtensions
(ManagedBuildManager.java:1762)
        at
org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.ManagedBuildManager.getDefinedProjectTypes
(ManagedBuildManager.java:225)

        at
org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.ui.wizards.CProjectPlatformPage.populateTypes
(CProjectPlatformPage.java:539))

        at
org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.ui.wizards.CProjectPlatformPage.createControl
(CProjectPlatformPage.java:210))

        at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.Wizard.createPageControls
(Wizard.java:180)
        at
org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.ui.wizards.NewManagedProjectWizard.createPageControls
(NewManagedProjectWizard.java:99)

I put some SOPs in ManagedBuildManager class which told me that when the
product is executed in SDK it recognizes my toolchain but when it is run in
exported product it is not able to get my toolchain.

I am unable to pinpoint the issue, please guide.

Regards,
Rekha