From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Schaefer, Doug
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2007 3:38 PM
To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [cdt-dev] FFS Update

Hey gang,

When I tried to create a project with my new file system, I found that the cdt.core plugin was started to early on startup. The resources plugin would start up the cdt.core plugin to get the FFS support classes. The lead me directly into our startup mess as both the indexer and the project descriptions started trying to access resources too early.

I've created two new plugins org.eclipse.ffs.core and org.eclipse.ffs.ui in our org.eclipse.cdt/all CVS folder. This contains the FFS implementation and can be used by any project type that supports EFS. I also updated the new project wizards to use URIs for project locations instead of IPaths. The new plugins are not part of the cdt-feature yet and remain optional. Feel free to download them and try them out. The URI format is weird and the Browse dialog need some work to make it easier to select project locations, though. And I'm sure there are workflows that need to be considered, and, no, the add/exclude child functionality isn't there yet.

Everything seems to work fine at the moment at least. Let me know if you start seeing weird behavior.

Doug Schaefer
Engineering Manager, Wind River Systems
and Eclipse CDT Project Lead

Back to the top