[cdt-dev] IConfiguration vs ICConfigurationDescription

What is the relationship of IConfiguration vs ICConfigurationDescription?

My guess: ICConfigurationDescription is used to represent contents the
".cproject" file (ie one config in it) in the memory, while IConfiguration
is "live" data used by the CDT at runtime.

When I change IConfiguration, does the corresponding
ICConfigurationDescription change as well? A recent code example posted by
Oleg Krasilnikov seems to indicate that:

IConfiguration cfg =
ManagedBuildManager.getConfigurationForDescription(cfgd);
IBuilder bldr = cfg.getEditableBuilder();
// change IBuilder attributes...
CoreModel.getDefault().setProjectDescription(project, prjd);

Thanks,
Andras

Back to the top