Re: [cdt-dev] [New to the Forum] Migrating Visual Studio Project to Eclipse CDT

Jesper Eskilson wrote:
Its also been suggested by someone (here
http://dev.eclipse.org/newslists/news.eclipse.tools.cdt/msg08937.html )
that devenv can be used (with ant) instead make, but I don't know how to
configure ant to use make and to use all the windows libraries that my
projects require.

The post you are referring to says nothing about ant.

Oops, you're quite right. It doesn't.

The point is that
you can let Visual Studio build your project from CDT using the
devenv.com command line tool (Create a "standard make" project and use
"devenv.com" instead of "make" to build your project), but the major
drawback of that solution is that you still need to manually maintain
your visual studio projects. (Which is the major selling point of CMake,
IMHO; no more manual maintenance of studio project files).

I see what you mean. I've also considered that adding new (source) files added to the project in CDT will remain outside the original visual studio project that does the compilation. If this is the case, then devenv is not a solution.

Converting to CMake is usually a safe choice, since you're keeping your
options open as to which build tools or IDE to use.

Thats what I plan to do.

Back to the top