Re: [cdt-dev] processRunner to the template engine

Hi Conrad,

Are you running in an eclipse workspace, launching a runtime workbench
("Eclipse application")?

> and i have build a class SetDestinationTarget which is located in
> <plugin_dir>/src/com/conrad/target/SetDestinationTarget.java
I don't know if this would work or not.
Try putting the process runner in the same project as your other plugin
code and xml file - that is, in your workspace plugin project, not in your
plugins directory, to start with.
That should be easier to debug.

But now that I look closer: looks like you put a Java source file in your
plugin_dir.  It should be a class file.
Again, try running from your workspace first, to make sure it works, then
export everything.
(Or, is <plugin_dir> your project in your workspace?)

Also

> SetDestinationTarget Unknown process: com.conrad.target.TargetDestination
> Unknown process: com.conrad.target.TargetDestination
Looks like you used 'SetDestinationTarget' for the class name but it's
looking for 'TargetDestination'
(Just a guess/observation, I haven't tried your code)

Have you looked in the .log file?  Is that where the listed errors came
from?

You could look at how the processes work in the CDT new project templates,
or my code in PTP/PLDT.
To find PLDT in CVS: under tools, under org.eclipse.ptp, under the tools
folder, project: org.eclipse.ptp.pldt.wizards

Suggestion: when setting up the plugin.xml, use the manifest editor (not
the plain text editor) and make sure that, for the templateProcessTypes
extension,
your processType is listed under that..
Also, on the right side of the manifest editor, when you click on
'processRunner*'  link make sure it goes to your class.
This is one way to make sure at least this much stuff is linked up
correctly.
It can be tedious getting everything to match.

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts  (859) 243-4981  (TL 545-4981)
High Productivity Tools / Parallel Tools  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM T.J.Watson Research Center
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 455 Park Place, Lexington, KY 40511

             Conrad Berhörster
             <conrad.berhoerst
             er@xxxxxx>                                                 To
             Sent by:                  cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             cdt-dev-bounces@e                                          cc
             clipse.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       **Re: [cdt-dev] processRunner to
             11/21/2007 09:21          the template engine
             AM

             Please respond to
               "CDT General
             developers list."
             <cdt-dev@eclipse.
                   org>

Hello Beth,

my update to 4.0.2 doesn't make any difference.
same problem, anyway. Do you have more ideas?
are there some examples?

thanks c~