Re: [cdt-dev] module local variable not visible in variables view

Thanks for the reply, but, I'm not using MinGW...

No, the issue is that cdt isn't even querying GDB.

I'll raise the bug.

Thanks

djlynott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 11/10/2007 02:53:52 AM:

> I post this here in the hope I am missing something before raising as a bug:
 >
 > Consider the code (in a single source file)
 >
 > int first = 1 ;
 > static int second = 2 ;
 >
 > int main(void)
 > {
 >      int third = 3 ;
 >      static int forth = 4 ;
 >
 > -->[current debug location]
 > }
 >

 > When debugging, 'third' and 'forth' are visible in the variable view
 > and 'first'
 > can be visible through 'add global variable'
 >
> However, I can't find a way to make 'second' appear in the view. I can add a > watch and type in the variable name - but this will appear in the expression
 > window, not the variables window.
 >
 > Is this (a very annoying) feature, a bug, or am I missing a trick?

Try specifying the -gstabs flag. I haven't checked recently, but the MinGW
toolset had problems debugging statics and class member variables unless
this flag was specified.