[cdt-dev] module local variable not visible in variables view

I post this here in the hope I am missing something before raising as a bug:

Consider the code (in a single source file)

int first = 1 ;
static int second = 2 ;

int main(void)
{
    int third = 3 ;
    static int forth = 4 ;

-->[current debug location]
}

When debugging, 'third' and 'forth' are visible in the variable view and 'first' can be visible through 'add global variable'

However, I can't find a way to make 'second' appear in the view. I can add a watch and type in the variable name - but this will appear in the expression window, not the variables window.

Is this (a very annoying) feature, a bug, or am I missing a trick?

On a related note, it appears that the list of global variable is not obtained by querying gdb (symbol-list-variables). How are the global variables obtained? I ask, because in the above example, gdb returns 'second' when queried.

Derek

Back to the top