Re: [cdt-dev] MBS wizard page can't get project template type in time to show a different wizard page content

Hi Andrew, I tried the patch, applying everything for the wizards plugin
(some preference information in other plugins I don't think were necessary,
were they?)
But I don't see any wizard pages at all show up after the CDT pages.
It looks like you put the wizard pages as template pages instead of MBS
pages, right?  Then the processing would do the project properties changes
I'd assume??)
I'm looking more but wanted to get this note off to you first.

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts  (859) 243-4981  (TL 545-4981)
High Productivity Tools / Parallel Tools  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM T.J.Watson Research Center
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 455 Park Place, Lexington, KY 40511

             Andrew.Ferguson@s
             ymbian.com
             cdt-dev-bounces@e         "CDT General developers list."
             clipse.org                <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

             11/08/2007 07:17                                      Subject
             AM                        Re: [cdt-dev] MBS wizard page can't
                                       get project template type in time
                                       to show a different wizard page
             Please respond to         content
               "CDT General
             developers list."
             <cdt-dev@eclipse.
                   org>

hi Beth,

 I'm not sure this is a good way to be going about this as the template
engine
is invoked upon wizard finish - i.e. after the custom MPI page is
displayed. That
means any actions taken in the processes will need be picked up by any
custom pages.

Having taken a look at the current implementation in CVS, I think we can
get
what you want to happen via the existing template pages extension
mechanism, which
means we don't hit the data-flow problem from above.

The attached patch shows how this could work - I've verified that the data
is being.
passed around as expected:

I hit a bug in the template engine during this, but have updated cdt_4_0
and HEAD now
so you might need to sync to the latest sources.

thanks,
Andrew,

> I am using project templates to nicely allow several types of C projects
> with different sample content, ideal for a tutorial so the students have
> easily-created C projects.
>
> I am using MBSCustomPage to add a wizard page that calculates how to add
> the include paths, and other calculated entities.
> (Can't use the static information that a template wizard page could do.)
>
> I want to use a different wizard page depending on the type of project
the
> user selected from the templates, but I can't seem to get that
information
> in time to
> affect which wizard page I show.
> In order to get the project type, I added a process type that just
> remembers the project type:
>  <extension point="org.eclipse.cdt.core.templateProcessTypes">
>   <processType name="storeInfo"
>    processRunner=
> "org.eclipse.ptp.pldt.wizards.wizardPages.StoreInfoProcessRunner">
>    <simple name=."projectName"> </simple>
>    <simple name=."projectType"> </simple>
>   </processType>.
>  </extension>
>
> So then in the template.xml I put:
>       <process type="org.eclipse.ptp.pldt.wizards.storeInfo">
>             <simple name="projectName" value="$(projectName)"/>
>             <simple name="projectType" value="mpi_project"/>
>       </process>
> This way I should be able to determine that the user chose an
"mpi_project"

> However, I don't get this information in time.
> Here's the order that things happen  (MPIProjectWizardPage is an
> MBSCustomPage).
>
> StoreInfoProcessRunner.ctor()
> MPIProjectWizardPage().ctor...
>   projectType=null  --- don't know it yet
> MPIProjectWizardPage.createUserEntryArea()
>   projectType=null  --- don't know it yet   (need it at this point to
> determine what wizard page to show, but earlier would be better)
> StoreInfoProcessRunner.process()...
>   projectName=mpihello2 ---> now I have it, but it's too late.
>
> Is there any way to get some information about which template is running,
> before the MBS wizard page displays?
>
> ...Beth
>
> Beth Tibbitts  (859) 243-4981  (TL 545-4981)
> High Productivity Tools / Parallel Tools  http://eclipse.org/ptp
> IBM T.J.Watson Research Center
> Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 455 Park Place, Lexington, KY 40511

Symbian Software Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with
registered number 4190020 and registered office at 2-6 Boundary Row,
Southwark, London, SE1 8HP, UK. This message is intended only for use by
the named addressee and may contain privileged and/or confidential
information. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate,
copy or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this
message in error please notify postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx and delete the
message and any attachments accompanying it immediately. Neither Symbian
nor any of its Affiliates accepts liability for any corruption,
interception, amendment, tampering or viruses occurring to this message in
transit or for any message sent by its employees which is not in compliance
with Symbian corporate policy.