Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 11:40:07 +0000
From: subs <dmsubs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] Error while building Product using Product
	Configuration
To: "CDT General developers list." <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Rekha,

Did you know that you don't need to modify the CDT source to add support
for a new compiler? It can (generally) be done with XML.

See the Managed Build System Extensibility Document for documentation.
(this is supplied with you help system, or can be found online here:
http://help.eclipse.org/help33/topic/org.eclipse.cdt.doc.isv/guide/mbs/e
xtensibilityGuide/Managed_Build_Extensibility.html

I suggest you use Assert() for assertions.

--
Derek

Rekha Deshmukh wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
>             I have created my own IDE by integrating a cross compiler
> toolchain with CDT. I did some changes in the existing plug-ins like
> org.eclipse.cdt.core and org.eclipse.cdt.ui .   When I try to create a

> product using product configuration it is getting created
successfully.
> When I try to export the product configuration it gives following
error

>  'Errors occurred during operation and a .zip file containing build
log
> has generated'
>
> In the log generated it gives following errors and warnings for
"assert"
> keyword.
>
>  15. ERROR in D:\Eclipse

Workspaces\ManishWksp\org.eclipse.cdt.core\src\org\eclipse\cdt\core\pars
er\util\ArrayUtil.java
> (at line 94)
>
>        assert array[currentLength] == null;
>        ^^^^^^
>       Syntax error on token "assert", AssignmentOperator expected
after
>       this token
>       ----------
>       16. ERROR in D:\Eclipse

Workspaces\ManishWksp\org.eclipse.cdt.core\src\org\eclipse\cdt\core\pars
er\util\ArrayUtil.java
>       (at line 95)
>
>        assert currentLength == 0 || array[currentLength-1] != null;
>                             ^^
>       Syntax error on token "==", = expected
>       ----------
>       17. WARNING in D:\Eclipse

Workspaces\ManishWksp\org.eclipse.cdt.core\src\org\eclipse\cdt\core\pars
er\util\ArrayUtil.java
>       (at line 135)
>
>        assert i>=0;
>        ^^^^^^
>       'assert' should not be used as an identifier, since it is a
>       reserved keyword from source level 1.4 on
>       ----------
>       18. ERROR in D:\Eclipse

Workspaces\ManishWksp\org.eclipse.cdt.core\src\org\eclipse\cdt\core\pars
er\util\ArrayUtil.java
>       (at line 135)
>
>        assert i>=0;
>                ^^
>       Syntax error on token ">=", = expected
>       ----------The field
>       CdtVariableStatus.STATUS_MACROS_REFERENCE_EACHOTHER is never
read
>       locally
>       4. WARNING in D:\Eclipse

Workspaces\ManishWksp\org.eclipse.cdt.core\src\org\eclipse\cdt\core\cdtv
ariables\CdtVariableStatus.java