From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Khaled ABDA
Sent: 30 October 2007 10:36
To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [cdt-dev] MemoryBlock retrieval : PLZ Urgent

Hello

I want to manage the memory data of my target I want to reuse the
standard Memory view of eclipe The Problem is that :
1/ My target has a Pixel Mode
So that I don't manage(set or get) blocks of Bytes but Blocks of Pixels
(10 or 12 or 14 bits) 2/ The eclipse Debug plugin and CDT manages blocks
of "bytes".

I have extended and re-implemented many class and interface In order to
getPixels and Set them instead of Bytes.
(classes such CMemoryBlockExtension, IMemoryBlock,
IMemoryBlockExtension...) Every thing seems to go well But the last
problem in my CMemoryBlockExtension(ForPixel) urged me to implement My
own CMemoryBlockRetrievalExtension In this later I faced  the Big
problem which is that the debugPlugin activator gets MemoryBlocks which
are (IMemoryBlock[])

DebugPlugin.getDefault().getMemoryBlockManager().getMemoryBlocks()
And gives no way to get my own (IMemoryBlockForPixel[]) which manages
pixels and not bytes

I want to know if the debugPlugin returns only block of Bytes or it
doesn't care of that So I could cast the block like this

public String getMemento() throws CoreException { IMemoryBlockForPixel[]
blocks =(IMemoryBlockForPixel[])
DebugPlugin.getDefault().getMemoryBlockManager().getMemoryBlocks(
getDebugTarget() ); ..........
}

NB :[CMemoryBlockExtensionForPixel will be the class "instanceOf" of my
"renderingBingings"
Corresponding to my new "renderingType"]

I see that the question is long and compilcated to explain But your
answer will be of great help for me Thanks in advance.
Khaled ABDA