RE: [cdt-dev] Build version numbers

The problem I'm seeing is that some plugins are not showing up in update
manager (site.xml assumes all plugins are at 4.0.2).  The plugins are
physically in the master zip though.

I believe the GDB Hardware Debugging plugin is not showing up in 4.0.1 for
the same reason.

I guess I should change the template buildsite.xml so it won't make an
assumption that all the plugins have the same version number?

Regards,

Vivian Kong
IBM Eclipse CDT
IBM Canada Toronto Lab
Phone: (905) 413-6067
Email: vivkong@xxxxxxxxxx

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |Doug Schaefer <DSchaefer@xxxxxxx>                                                                                                                 |
|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  |"CDT General developers list." <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                                                                              |
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  |10/26/2007 01:13 PM                                                                                                                               |
| Subject:   |
  |RE: [cdt-dev] Build version numbers                                                                                                               |

They should be upversioned when a change happens. But being a manual
operation, I'm pretty sure we haven't got into the habit of doing that so
I'm not surprised that hasn't been done yet for some plug-ins. Luckily the
build adds on the timestamp as the qualifier in the fourth field of the
version and we're getting away with it.

Doug Schaefer, QNX Software Systems