[cdt-dev] Successfully using CDT 4.0 for large project, but cannot search for static functions....

it seems like the index does not contain static functions, at least
not for global searches. I have to use the file search to find static functions.

I have searched for a reason for this, but alas, I have only found
that the question has been asked before:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/calls/Indexing23102006
"Do we want to model static functions, unnamed namespaces in the index?"

What was the outcome of this discussion?

For very large projects, I find it easier to use search to go to the definition
of a function instead of clicking my way down to the correct file.
Therefore it would be great if the incremental search could lookup
static functions and variables. Or at least if one could toggle a switch
if this should be done.

Thanks!

//Fredrik

Back to the top