From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of ext Mike Kucera
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2007 11:18 AM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: RE: [cdt-dev] Questionabout
ICSettingEntry.INCLUDE_FILEandICSettingEntry.MACRO_FILE

The macro definitions are stored in the 'definitions' instance variable.
You could place a breakpoint at the end of the DOMScanner constructor
and inspect the keyTable member of the definitions object, this should
contain the names of all the macros the preprocessor is aware of. The
keyTable can get big so it might be easier to add a bit of code that
displays the contents of definitions to the console.

Mike Kucera
Software Developer
IBM CDT Team, Toronto
mkucera@xxxxxxxxxx

             <Warren.Paul@noki

             a.com>

             Sent by:
             cdt-dev-bounces@e         <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

             clipse.org
cc

Subject
             10/16/2007 11:39          RE: [cdt-dev] Question about

             AM
ICSettingEntry.INCLUDE_FILEandICSet
                                       tingEntry.MACRO_FILE

             Please respond to

               "CDT General

             developers list."

             <cdt-dev@eclipse.

                   org>

I can tell you that
org.eclipse.cdt.internal.core.parser.scanner2.BaseScanner.extendedScanne
rInfoSetup(CodeReader,
 IScannerInfo) gets back the include and macro files correctly and
appears to parse them (pushContext is called).  Where do I set a
breakpoint so I can actually see the list of macros the parser is using?

Also, I thought I'd try to reproduce this with a regular make project
but I didn't see any UI to specify an include or macro file.  BTW, what
exactly is the difference between the two?  A macro file is a header but
is only allowed to include macros or something?

Thanks,
Warren